Project Update: July 1, 2022
Next week you can expect to see construction activity on Newport Avenue between West Squantum Street and Wilson Avenue. Please note that there will be no construction on Monday in observance of the July 4 holiday.
Two construction activities will be taking place on this section of the project route: excavation and duct bank installation (starting at the West Squantum Street-Newport Avenue intersection) as well as excavation and handhole installation (between Holbrook Road and Wilson Avenue). For a closer look at the project route, click here to view our online map.
We ask that drivers and pedestrians remain mindful of lane shifts, posted traffic signage, and the direction of police details stationed around the work zone.
Week of July 4: Construction Activity
- No construction on July 4
- Excavation and duct bank installation on Newport Avenue (between West Squantum Street and Holbrook Road)
- Excavation and handhole installation on Newport Avenue (between Holbrook Road and Wilson Avenue)
Week of July 11: Construction Activity
- Excavation and duct bank installation on Newport Avenue (between West Squantum Street and Wilson Avenue)
- Excavation and manhole installation on Newport Avenue (between Lincoln Avenue and Warren Avenue)
Please know that construction is scheduled to minimize the impact on traffic and everyday life; sections of your street will likely only be impacted by the construction for weeks—not years. That said, we understand that construction doesn’t always feel “short-term” when it’s in front of your home or business. As work begins in your area, we will continue to work to mitigate inconveniences that come up to the greatest extent feasible. Please let us know about upcoming deliveries, schedules, and events that could be impacted by work.
For more information on North Quincy Cable Project, please call 1-800-358-3879 or email a member of our team at email@example.com. You can also use the “Contact Us” page of our website to submit any questions, comments, or concerns.
The North Quincy Cable Project
*Please note, due to the complexities of outdoor construction, schedule is subject to change.